Our mission is to help people get a better night’s sleep with the Tempur-Pedic® Swedish Mattresses and Neck Pillows. The proprietary TEMPUR® Material can help you sleep soundly and:
- Reduce the effects of back pain, lower back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome
- Manage pressure to prevent pressure sores and to treat pressure ulcers and decubitus ulcers
- Find comfort, reducing insomnia and sleep disorders
How does a Tempur-Pedic mattress work?
The mattresses and neck pillows are made with the unique TEMPUR material. TEMPUR material is temperature sensitive and has fluid-like properties when used at typical room temperatures. It gently flows, conforming exactly to the body, and minimizing peak pressure points. These properties enable this material to remain firm where needed, and soft where desired, creating a custom fit for each individual.
The reduction of pressure on the spine and other joints allows the muscles to fully relax, aiding in the treatment of back pain, restless leg syndrome and fibromyalgia and helping those with insomnia and other sleep disorders to be comfortable and sleep better.
The TEMPUR material provides an exceptionally high level of pressure management, comfort and support. The TEMPUR Material offers many advantages over traditional mattresses:
Supportive and Body Conforming
- Absorbs and redistributes body weight across the entire surface, reducing incidence of pressure ulcers, easing arthritis pain and helping those with insomnia or sleep problems to sleep better
- Provides proper body support & alignment, helping with back pain
Effective Pressure Equalization
- Reduces friction and pressure peaks, lowering the possibility of decubitus ulcers
- Improves blood flow
- Decreases potential for tissue ischemia
- Eliminates service calls for adjustments or repairs
- Exceptional radiolucent properties for improved imaging
- Allergy resistant
- Resists microbial/fungus growth
- Latex free
Superior Comfort & Better Sleep
- Decreases tossing and turning, a special benefit to those suffering from fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome
- Promotes deep REM sleep, helping those with insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Reduces agitation and restlessness, helping all, including those suffering with Alzheimer’s disease
Optimal Pressure & Pain Management
- Effective prevention and treatment of pressure sore and decubitis ulcers
- Lowers cost of maintaining skin integrity
- Reduces painful pressure points, especially important for those with fibromyalgia and arthritis
- May minimize need for pain medications
Tempur-Pedic® products are clinically proven to enhance quality of life for patients with lower back pain and are recommended by more than 25,000 healthcare professionals worldwide.
A recently completed hospital-based clinical study investigating lower back pain, quality of sleep, and the impact a mattress might have on daytime symptoms confirmed the intermediate findings researchers affiliated with the Yale University School of Medicine presented last year to the Connecticut Chapter of the American College of Physicians Annual Scientific Meeting (2005). After the individuals began sleeping on Tempur-Pedic mattress and foundation, the data began trending towards an increased number of hours slept per night, reduction in lower back pain, reduction in “sleepiness”, and significant improvement in both mental and physical health components.
In addition to addressing back pain, Tempur-Pedic products are often used by those with arthritis. In fact, the Arthritis Foundation has given its Ease-of-Use Commendation to a number of Tempur-Pedic products.
Tempur-Pedic products, with their ability to conform and support a person so completely, have proven a great benefit to other pain suffers, including those diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Alzheimer’s disease. When someone presents with Fibromyalgia, the Tempur-Pedic mattresses make an excellent adjunctive treatment to help them deal with the pain of Fibromyalgia. Likewise, when families are struggling to care for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease, Tempur-Pedic mattresses can help.
These are some of the reasons so many chiropractors and other healthcare professionals recommend Tempur-Pedic products. A mattress can play a key role in treating many types of back pain. The percentages of chiropractors who include a mattress as a treatment option for sciatica, herniated discs, neck pain and lower back pain are as follows:
Misalignment – 26%
Muscle Spasm – 32%
Degenerative Disc Disease – 37%
Sciatica – 37%
Herniated Disc – 21%
Clinical Results on Back Pain
Many consumers and healthcare professionals realize that a mattress is an important part in back pain relief and remedying sleep disorders. Only recently have there been studies to indicate what kind of mattresses make a difference in back pain relief. Studies have shown that indeed the right mattress can give back pain relief and improves sleep for lower back pain sufferers.
Mattress Firmness – Very Firm Is Not Always Good
Many consumers and medical professionals believe that a firm mattress gives back pain relief, lower back pain in particular. It is commonly preferred compared to a medium firmness or soft mattress although there has been no research to support the idea that they help neck pain, back pain and lower back pain. In an article in The Lancet in 2003, by Francisco M Kovacs, et.al., on lower back pain, researchers found that a mattress of medium firmness improves pain and disability among patients with chronic non-specific lower back pain.
Tempur-Pedic Mattresses™ Reduce Lower Back Pain
A soon to be published study by the researchers at Bridgeport Hospital, part of Yale New Haven Health, comparing Tempur-Pedic Mattresses with an inner spring, found that mattress type does affect sleep architecture and that sleeping on the Tempur-Pedic improves sleep and gives back pain relief for those suffering back pain.
Call our office today for pricing on any Tempur-Pedic model mattress or pillow on 281-493-2535